Friday 29 October 2010

Trend Forecasting

As I am creating a collection for Oasis that is designed to be in stores for autumn/ winter 2011, I need to research what is going to be on trend and in stores in a years time. To help me predict these future trends, I have looked at several trend forecasting companies, which provide specific information on the key garments, silhouettes, fabrics, colours and trends of the future.
At the start of the buying process, buyers and designers will consult with companies such as Mudpie, Peclers Paris, WGSN and Trend Union to take advice about what is going to be the next big trend, or the colour for the future seasons. Unfortunately, to gain access to many of these services you have to pay an expensive subscription therefore my research has been limited.
However, the library does have access to the Peclers Paris A/W 2011 publication, which has been extremely useful in confirming to me that my inspiration of English countryside heritage is going to be one of the key trends next A/W.

To take inspiration for my collection, I have looked into the story called, 'Where are you from?' which focuses on a rural, uniformal spirit. The traditional outdoors lifestyle gives the story a feeling of heritage, with vintage styles and the equestrian look.