Friday 15 October 2010

The Brand: Oasis

In order to create a collection through the eyes of a buyer, I need to find a brand so I know the brand image and the type of customer I am creating a collection for.
I am mainly interested in womenswear and young fashion, although it has been suggested that I concentratre on menswear for this project. This reason why I want to stick with womenswear is that, I already feel like I am taking on quite a challenge as this is a new subject area to me. Also, I am abit rusty on the design side and I don't feel like I have enough knowledge of were I'd begin to start designing menswear.
Therefore I have decidied to choose an existing womenswear brand to base my collection on, as I feel creating a new brand, with the buying aspect would be far to much work for the time allowed.
The brand I have chosen is Oasis, which is well establishd on the high street as an aspirational fashion brand. Oasis is also a fashion brand which I am passionate about, as it is a company I worked for for almost three years as a sales assistant. Within that time I feel like I got to know alot about the brand, products and customers that shop at Oasis and I regularly continue to do so.