Wednesday 13 October 2010

Country Born & Bred

Well not exactly, but I did move to the countryside when I was about 11, and I hated being dragged away from all my friends in the town where I was just gaining my independence. Growing up as a teenager in the countryside was often very boring but I could always turn to nature as my entertainment, like taking long walks in the wood or having the best fields to sledge on when it snowed.
At first I was very unappreciative of my surroundings, but over time and as I've grown up I have begunn to really appreciate the beauty of what nature has to offer; from the stunning scenery of the landscape changing with the seasons, to the never ending spectrum of colours created seemingly from nowhere.
For me, nature has become very inspirational to me creatively, as I am really fascinated by the beautiful colour palettes and complex structures that nature produces, that we often take for granted or don't give a second thought to.
I took the advice from Caroline as what season I should be working towards, so therefore I am basing my project and inspiration around Autumn/ Winter 2011 which is perfect as I have all the visual imagery I need around me at the moment, as Autumn is well and truly here!
This is a collection of images showing what comes to mind and inspires me when I think about autumn in the countryside.