Wednesday 27 October 2010

Comparative Shopping

This is an exercise most buyers undertake at the beginning of the buying process when they look and analyse the current merchandise of competitor brands, which have comparable ranges such as product styles and prices.
From my survey and market research, I have decided to look at Warehouse as Oasis' main competition on the high street. Both these brands are owned by Aurora fashions and so are very similar in alot of respects. However, while Warehouse lacks a strong identity like Oasis, it does compensate for using more fashion forward styles.
In order to compare and familiarise myself with the competition, I have undertaken a comparative shopping  trip to Warehouse where I was able to establish and compare their key trends/ styles, fabrics, prices, colours. I will then use this information to strenghten and build my range plan to make sure that is in line with the competition.