Friday 19 November 2010

In store Guide: What to include?

I am familiar with these types of guides, as pretty much every retailer issues them for their sales team. I have seen a variety of guides, from boring print outs to more sophisticated magazine styles.
With Oasis, I definitely want to show off my range in the best light and therefore I am aiming to create a sophisticated and professional guide which has a feel of a magazine, but still maintains all the important information in a clear and concise way.
I wanted to get hold of an in store guide to see what I need to include. However they are very hard to get hold of, as it is their nature to contain exclusive information on products which are classified to customers at the time of issue.
So I have checked with Caroline to see what types of features I need to include within my in store guide:
  • Trend Overview - collection name, collection description, inspirational images, colour palette,
  • Key Looks - key garments, detailed close ups, fabric swatches, description, prices, style tips
  • Floor Plan - where to display range in store layout
  • Wall Plan - How to visually merchandise range, VM tips
  • Window Display - How to style and display garments in window