Friday 5 November 2010

Fashion Illustrator

I have decided that I am going to need to collaborate with an illustrator in order to bring the collection to life and show how the garments can be worn and styled together. Seeing as I am not going to be producing the finish garments, this is an alternative to seeing how the clothes will look in real life, kind of like a photo shoot but illustrative and not photographic.
I don't think my strength is in fashion illustration, therefore I decided to advertise the help of an expert by sending an email to the Illustration course at uni to see if anyone was interested in collaborating with me.
I was quite surprised by the number of replies I received, however it meant that I could choose an illustrator whose style really suited the look I wanted to achieve.
The illustrator I am now working with is called Rachel Elsome and she is in the second year of Illustration at AUCB. She sent me the link to take a look at some of her work on her website and I really like her style, plus she seems very open to taking on new ideas and understands the style of illustration I want to achieve.
Here is the link to her website, plus some of the images of her work which show her style of illustration.
http://illustrateharveylane.wordpress.com/